Analyze data. Manage the grant cycle from inception to completion. Make a difference through grant formation and distribution. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, you may want to pursue a career working as a grants administrator.
What Does Working as a Grants Administrator Look Like?
Grants administrators typically perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Manage, supervise, lead or perform administrative business, policy and analytical work across the pre-award, award, and post award phases of the grant cycle.
- Develop grant policies and procedures.
- Provide training and technical assistance to grant recipients.
- Evaluate grant applications.
- Review performance and financial reports.
- Act as the point of contact with grant recipients.
- Lobby for and secure grant funding, working as the point of contact for stakeholders.
- Perform grant research. Identify grants that align with goals and mission.
Grants Administrator Career Salary and Forecast
Experienced grants administrators earn between $34,000 and $65,000. Salaries vary considerably by employer, industry sector, experience and level of responsibility.
Job opportunity growth for this career is forecasted to increase at a rate of 13.7% per year.
What Education is Required to Work as a Grants Administrator?
Most grants administrators have a bachelor’s degree, and about a third require a master’s degree or doctoral degree.
The Leadership in the Public Sector degree provides the foundation needed to get an entry-level job in this field. You may want to get this degree, work in this field and pursue a master’s degree as you gain on-the-job experience.
This degree program is designed for working professionals, so it is possible to pursue this degree while working full-time or completing an internship. Practical experience is highly regarded in this field.
Grants Administrator Job Opportunities
If you go into this field, you may find the following job titles also appeal to you:
- Grant and Data Manager
- Director of Development
- Grants Administrator
Explore current grants administrator job listings to see what sorts of opportunities await.
Ready to Get Started?
Get the knowledge and credentials you need to build the career you want. Apply today for a flexible online undergraduate degree from a respected brick-and-mortar university.